I can't keep up with celebrities.. I hardly know people's names. But last night i was flipping through channels. I stopped at one of the late night talk shows. There was a guy on there who was talking about the help he does for fire fighters. He was saying how impressed he was on how hard they worked for a job they love. He also talked about how little they get paid but a short stop player can be paid millions! I seriously wanted to reach out and hug that man. I have been bitching about that for months now lol.
This is what I don't understand.. We have firefighters, police officers, EMT, Marines, Airmen, Soldiers and on and on and on. All risking their lives daily for this country and the people in it. Yet when you look at their pay checks.. It is sometimes not enough to pay the bills and take care of a family! But.. you have a golf player making millions in a single year. A kid out of college signing to play baseball for 7.5 million. We have families who lost their loved ones because of their job.. hardly making ends meet. We have homeless in this country yet these people are making millions to play a game! Sure they are entertainment.. Sure we all love having the games around.. I enjoy some sports just as much as the next person (ok a lot less i admit lol) BUT i also enjoy the freedoms I have only given to me by the troops past and present. I enjoy knowing that I'm safer in my community because there are police officers out there. I like knowing if there is ever a fire in my house that I will have fire fighters there to help my family out.And think about it.. what would your price tag be if you were putting an amount on your life. How much would it take for you to leave your children every day to risk your life for this country? Or to risk your life saving others in a burning fire...
I hope that makes sense.. I just really like what that guy had to say.. Whoever he was :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment