Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finally a real update!

Steph- This is for you ;) haha (Hey.. what ever happened to your Dr Peper. heh, you know I'm kidding. You'll laugh about it some day *wink*)


So I'm finally updating... Its been a month and some odd days so its probably time. Patrick has been gone 4 weeks. Its been a really long four weeks but we are surviving. He is doing really well. His training seems to be going great. He has had some pretty big compliments and seems to be building his confidence. He is working well with his crew and over all seems to in good spirits. I'm so proud of him. He'll tell me something that great that happens and I almost cry because I am so proud.

We miss him terribly and I'm sure we'll have moments where we'll want him home. But I think were going to survive just fine. I'm so proud of Makennah. I almost think she is stronger than myself. Patrick and I both believe that the girls need to grow up strong. They need to grow up believing in our military and being proud of Patrick's job. I want my girls to understand all the good that their dad does for this country and I want them as proud as I am.

Makennah is a daddy's girl but seems to be handling things well so far. She talks about him constantly. A few times she has cried but overall she is doing well. She proudly talks about her daddy being with the Army and how in four weeks for her birthday we'll be picking him up for his pass. I know she doesn't completely understand and at this age she probably wont. But she realizes daddy is working hard and that he didnt want to leave her.

Madeline is to little to understand. I show her pictures daily and she still gets so excited to see them. We talk about him all the time and I try to keep him a really big part of her life.

No comments: