Monday, February 4, 2008

I miss you the most when...

This is to my husband sorta.. but since he can't read it. I'm just using it to vent a little.

I've learned so much from this deployment already. I thought I had learned a lot before but this time I think I'm going to be a whole new wife when he comes home. I really appreciate the small things he does a lot more now that he isn't home to do them. I know he is amazing but its at those very moments where you want to break down that you realize.. Wow if only he were home it wouldn't be so hard. Thats when it all hits you.. I sometimes took for granted that he was here so much and he probably did more than I gave him credit for.

I miss him like crazy.. but there are times where I really miss him. Where I really need him home...

So here it go... I miss you the most when..

*The girls wake up all too early after a late night. You're not there to let me sleep in.

* When the girls are sick and cranky. You're not there to take them off my hands for a few minutes

* I miss you most when I roll over at night and your side of the bed is empty. My favorite spot in the world is not there :(

* I miss you most when the dog runs out the door. I have two kids who I refuse to put into a cold car to go find him. But then I sit and worry he may get hurt.. If you were here you can get the idiot :)

* I miss you most when the dishes need to be done and bottles are piled up. (You always did those more anyways lol)

* I miss you at 6pm because that was the time you'd call to say you were coming home from work

* When our little girl shows me her art work from school.. and you're not there to see it with me.

* I'm even starting to miss all the ACUs. And you know how i complained about seeing them!

Each day I think.. Gosh i miss my husband. But there are moments each day that I realize that I really do need him a lot more than I lead on to think. I'm going to make it through this deployment. The girls and I have already made it through an entire month. Were doing great and will continue. Were strong.. You think our soldiers are strong.. Check out the women standing behind them. Were the real backbone of the army :)

Sorry for my venting/crying/ranting... I will do that from time to time. It helps to get it all out!

No comments: