Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My First Time Voting

Now I don't typically get into political discussions and for the most part its because everybody is out to change my views. I don't mind listening to what people believe but I do get mad when they feel the need to change my mind. So I just stay out of it.

This is the first time I've admited this publically. I have never voted. In fact I am just now registering to vote. Pretty sad for an American to admit at my age and even sader I am sure for a military wife to admit. However I have had many reasons to not voting.. Most of all I didn't feel educated enough. Its not that I haven't cared its because I have never felt like I knew enough to cast a vote on something so important. And I'm sure some of that was out of being too lazy to figure it all out. Most of all its because everybody I would ask about it would be one sided so I didnt feel like I was learning anything at all.

So this year will be my very first vote. And I am pretty excited about that. I have paid close attention to everything going on. I have been researching and I really think I'm figuring out more than I ever knew before. I still don't get most things but I'm working on it.

I will proudly be casting my vote for McCain and Palin. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you Jenn!

God Bless!