Friday, August 3, 2007

Come Waste Your Time With Me...

I have two sleeping kiddos. So I find myself wondering what I should do with my time? Vacuum the living room since I've put it off all morning? Nah. Wash Patrick's uniform? Probably not. (It would be the very first time in our five years together that I'd even touch his uniforms to clean them. Hes always said that's his job. Fine by me. But this week has been extra busy for him. Working, studying for his spur ride, extra PT.. so I thought I'd be nice) I could put the girl's clothes away.. It would be get done quicker than having a two year old helping when she wakes up! But as you can see.. none of that's going to get done. I'm sitting on the computer wasting some time.

Five years! Patrick and I have been together five years. Nobody thought we'd ever date let alone date for a year, be engaged for a year, and married for three years. With two children. He can still walk into a room and I ask myself how I got so lucky. What is it that I did to deserve him in my life? The other day in the car a Garth Brooks song came on the radio. And we found ourselves laughing like we did on the way down to school. Those late night drives we both hated so to keep ourselves awake we would sing Garth Brooks as loud as we could. Good times. But after he turned the radio way down.. and I knew something was up. Its his way of saying "Its time to talk" or "I've got something important to say" We had a big heart to heart about our near future and all the things that are about to take place. It felt good to get some things out in the open and to really realize that were going to make it through it all. i sometimes miss the days where it was just him and I. The days where we could have the music as loud as we wanted or talk as long as we wanted without a two year old in the back seat yelling at us to pay attention to her. We need more date nights... More us time.

My little girl had her first program last night. It was amazingly cute! This was her first year of VBS. (She got lucky.. she got to sneak in with the 3 and 4 year olds since she was potty trained) And I couldn't help but think she was the most amazing child in the whole room. Watching her clap, dance, and jump around with the other kids made her look so much older. I thought she was the cutest one up there and could hardly take my eyes off of her to watch the other kids. I know I know most parents think that about their kids. I'm sure the other moms thought their kid was the cutest of them all.. but I know the truth. It was my kid :) lol

No comments: