Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wow- Again I suck at this blogging stuff.

I decided to read some blogs that I hadn't read for awhile and I realized that it had been awhile since I had blogged. I'm going to make it a point to write more often.

Its already June! Where has this year gone?

Madeline is a year old already. My sweetest baby is a "toddler" now. She said her first words the other day. While most parents believe a child's first words are amazing, I think Madeline's was the very best. She is a genius child who must have known her daddy needed something special that day. (Ok maybe genius is a bit much but I'm her mama, i can go over the top on how i describe her!) Patrick called and as I handed her the phone I said "Say hi to daddy" Her very first words "Hi dad!" Like such a big girl. It was truly amazing and I get a little teary just thinking about it.

Makennah is such a great little girl. She loves learning and figuring everything out. From who all is her family (and how they are family) to figuring out how to get places to her letters and reading. Her imagination is growing and she is always coming up with some sort of game to play.

Patrick has been in Iraq awhile now. He is doing so well. I can not describe how proud of him I am. He certainly is an amazing man. The way he is handling this deployment is awesome. His strength is what helps keep me going. Even if he doesn't know it, he is what keeps me going through everything. It doesn't matter if he is here or not- I know that he is behind me every step of the way. I love him. :)

Me- There isn't much to update. I started filling out financial aid papers and I am planning to go back to school this fall. I have several emotions. I am scared. I haven't been in school for years. I am excited. I have been wanting something of my own. I am nervous. I am happy. I am soo many things. Now to figure out a plan--- What do I want to do with life? :)

So thats us in a nutshell... I'll be keeping up with this from now on :)

No comments: