Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So Proud :)

I am so proud of Patrick. On a normal day I am proud of the way he serves his country. I am certainly proud of him for being the amazing father that he is but today I'm over whelmed with pride.


He volunteered to go on this deployment. Some people may call it selfish to leave his kids like that but I see it as something amazing. Its not selfish. Its people like him and the several others I know how volunteered who keep this country safe. Its also people like him who make it possible for others to stay home.


Now he told me that he volunteered for even more. He is going to be part of a group who is going to be going out to the villages and talking to their leaders. Finding out what each village needs and then working on a solution.


Once again, this is not something he had to do. He could probably do a lot of stuff in that spare time but probably nothing this great. I am so excited that my kids will be able to some day say "this is what my dad for that village or this is what my dad helped to do for another village" Iraqi lives will be personally changed by my husband and by the men who volunteered with him. Its a great feeling to know my husband is doing so much. It makes this year apart from him worth while. It is stressful and it sucks to be away from him but how often can people say "My husband changed so many lives and I'm proud to support that!"


Sadly, I am sure my kids will grow up hearing the negative sides of this war. How many lives have been lost, how people were against it, who felt were over there for wrong reasons, who thinks this, and who thinks that. Its awesome that my kids will have a chance to fight back with very positive sides of this war. I hate how this country feeds on the negative instead of looking for the positive in situations.


Ok enough rambling for today. I could get on a soap box and really go on about this sort of stuff but I choose to keep it on a positive note. My husband Rocks :)

No comments: